Wednesday, March 9, 2011

My EBM Story..



Salam everyone..

Just blogwalking @ Sarakids blog..  and just read about 'Rahsia Stok Susu Banyak'.. I'm very inspired and impressed with Puan Farah as she's got so many EBM stock for her kids.. sooooo jealous hokey.. I used to have that much of EBM stock in my fridge before.. 

the story begins..

2, 3 months before, I really excited to stock up my fridge with my EBM.. hambek kau penuh peti beku aku..  I really hope that my lil doter will have my healthy breast milk everyday.. all of sudden, she was refused to accept my frozen-thaw-heat EBM.. tak sedap ke ek?? at the same time, she was critically having diarrhea.. I've decided to give her formula milk (FM) temporary as I assumed that my EBM was not suitable for her at that moment.. but then she started to like FM instead of my EBM.. huh..

for my child sake, I don't want to give up to FM easily.. everyday I will prepare the EBM for my baby.. sometimes she will happily drink the EBM but most of the time she will not.. grrrr.. so geram.. Currently, Iman is taking cow's milk and mine.. siang susu lembu malam susu ai.. huhu..

now, I'm facing a problem which is I'm lacking with the stock.. I just realized that I don't have much time to pump at the office at all.. or should I say that I have so many works to do until I forgot to pump.. hehe.. 

before this, I will allocate at least 3 times of pumping session per day but now it is reduce to 1 or 2 times/day only.. how sad.. I used to get 8oz per session and total production of the day was 24oz.. but now only 4-5oz per session and total prod was 12-15oz only.. see how dramatically it was reduced.. double up my sadness.. uhuk2..

some tips from Puan Farah to share with all mommies out there.. credits to her..
Percaya pada konsep supply and demand. Semakin banyak kita mengosongkan payudara, semakin banyak susu dihasilkan. Susu tidak akan dihasilkan semula jika tiada permintaan dari bayi. - always remember that mommies..

Displin dalam penyusuan - I think I need to workout with a proper schedule for my pumping session.. works can wait Dayah..

Pengurusan EBM yang betul 
- didn't know that baby's need for EBM is remain unchanged until the age of 6 months..
- after that age, it will be reduced as they start to eat their first solid foods..

Makan makanan penambah susu – ini adalah salah satu alternatif jika ibu mahu menambah susu (provided jika anda menyusu sepenuhnya dan memerah susu mengikut jadual anda). - For this purpose, I took Anmum Lacta for enriching my breast milk.. huhu..

Last but not least,
Doa yang tidak putus. Baca surah Hujurat dan sapukan kedua2 payudara. Surah Al-Baqarah ayat ke 60 juga membantu. Doa, semoga penyusuan kita dipermudahkan.

Hopefully I will breastfeeding my doter until she's 2 years old.. *pray to Allah*..
my collection for the 1st session.. bnyk jugak kann..

No comments:

Post a Comment