Saturday, March 9, 2013

Chicken pox - Itchy - Scar..


Poor my little boy..

Umar on Day 2..

 He was infected with chicken pox last 2 weeks.. Too bad until now he did not fully healed even though the fever was fade away.. Still scratching all over his body especially around his face.. May be his effort to diminish the itchiness..

Many of us actually knows and aware what chicken pox is.. The perfect mate to it is ITCHY I would say.. Only God knows how it feels when you suffered from it.. As for info, chicken pox is an airborne disease that will spread easily through sneezing or coughing of ill person.. It will also spread through direct contact with secretions of the rash.. It usually starts with skin rash on the body and head and becomes itchy which mostly heal without scarring.. *Kalau jaga dengan betul + pantang makan*

 I have no idea where on earth Umar got this disease.. From the source, there’s no clues that it would come from the babysitter’s place.. All the babies and toddlers there were all fine.. *Mungkin terserempak dengan orang kebanyakan dijalanan kot.. Kasihan..*

At first, I only realized that rash appear on his eyebrow and a single blister down at his chin and just assume that it was a pimple.. Silly me.. *Takkan lah tak dapat bezakan jerawat dengan gelembung air* There’s no other sign and symptom seen at all.. No fever.. Only that..

 The rashes were not coming out yet..

So as usual, I will send them to the babysitter’s place before going to work and hoping that nothing to be worried of.. But during fetching them in the afternoon, I was so startled when I saw so many red dots on Umar’s face.. Nasib baik kakak ok.. Not infected until to date.. *Mintak dijauhkan*




The next day, Umar’s body temperature was significantly high.. Before that night, I asked daddy to get kelapa muda for him.. Some people says, do not consume any medication from clinic/hospital as the blister will not fully appear.. Then it will come again and again to that person.. *Katenye la* I am not pretty sure about that.. But daddy will not compromise when it comes to his kids' healthy . He really wanted to get professional advice and know what is best solution for his hero.. So we brought Umar to clinic for future treatment.. Ended up, we taking EL on that day..

According to the doc, the rashes caused by a virus may however last for up a month even though the infectious stage does not take less than a week or two.. For treatment, the doctor gave antibiotics for Umar.. As another part of treatment, I cut Umar’s nails and keeping them clean as he’s more likely to scratch the blister more deeply when he felt itchy.. I don’t want the scar permanently stays on his skin..

Yes, many people would say to isolate the affected person, as a prevention action but in my case I can't separate my kids from being together.. They eat, play, sleep and doing things together..All I can do is to isolate their wear and clothes.. I will not mix Umar and Iman’s when do the laundry..

The most scary part after having the chicken pox is the SCAR.. How to avoid the scar being permanently stays on our skin? The old traditional people says don't eat kicap if not the scar will get black and stays longer on you skin.. Haha.. Don't know whether it's true or not.. As I'm writing this post, Umar is in the healing process.. The scars has not seem very obvious and I hope that he will recover soon..  


2 comments:

  1. Siannya Umar...get well soon ya...kalau kena chicken pox waktu kecik rasanya takde tinggal parut dayah..kalau kena waktu dah besar kemungkinan berparut tu ya..:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Harap mcm tu la eda.. Skg tinggal sikit2 je parut tu.. Ambik masa kan..

    ReplyDelete